Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Red Bell Pepper and Turkey Bacon
Brussels sprouts are the star of this flavorful dish, and the smoky crispness of turkey bacon, baked to reduce fat and calories but still retain flavor. I use uncured bacon to reduce exposure to harmful chemicals. I also like to cook these in raw coconut oil, which has a higher smoking point than other oils. Make sure to wash all veggies with EAT CLEANER® Fruit and Vegetable Wash before chopping.
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 Cups fresh Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- ½ C low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 4 slices uncured turkey bacon, crisped by baking in the oven in a baking rack for 15-20 minutes, then crumbled
1) Preheat oven to 425F.
2) In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts and peppers. Saute for another 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock, season with sea salt and white pepper, and cook until fork tender.
3) Remove skillet from heat and top with crispy, crumbled turkey bacon. Serve and enjoy in good health!
ENJOY & REMEMBER TO EAT CLEANER, EVERYDAY!
For more great tips and recipes from Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie, visit www.eatcleaner.com or text EATCLEANER to 22828 to Join The Cleaner Plate Club!
Be sure to FOLLOW us on social media & SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!