JUST GIVE A FORK: EAT THE FREAKIN’ PASTA
I got to sit down with the one and only Dave Asprey, Dave Asprey, founder & CEO of Bulletproof, and creator of the widely-popular Bulletproof Coffee as a guest on his Bulletproof Radio podcast. If you’ve ever had ghee in your coffee, you have him to thank.
He is a two-time New York Times bestselling author, host of the Webby award-winning podcast Bulletproof Radio, and has been featured on the Today show, Fox News, Nightline, Dr. Oz, and many more. To say this discussion was an amazing one is the understatement of the year. He’s not only one of the biggest names in health and food today, he’s defined the whole contemporary idea of biohacking and getting the most out of your body’s ability to perform. If you haven’t gotten onto the MCT oil in your coffee bandwagon yet, your brain is waiting!
It was forking amazing. A must-listen, because when you hear it, you’ll understand. Full disclosure: We don’t agree on everything but he was gracious enough to let me defend my position, especially on grains. This episode is MEATY…about an hour and 12 minutes long, so grab your snacks and dig in for a whole lotta’ food for thought that might rock your world. I’m curious to hear what you think!
Here’s what Dave says on his blog:
“In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, my guest is a TV chef, holistic nutritionist, and award-winning entrepreneur and inventor with more than 25 years of experience in the food industry. Mareya Ibrahim hosts the popular Facebook Live show “The Real Dish” and the “Recipes for Your Best Life” podcast. She also founded Grow Green Industries and co-invented the patented eatCleaner line of products.
She believes in food flexibility while still focusing on a core system that works, “where you’re exercising your metabolism, you’re flexing your taste buds, you’re exploring a variety of different macronutrients and having fun with food,” she says.
Mareya and I talk about her new book, “Eat Like You Give a Fork: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive,” the nuances of clean eating, and why grains aren’t always the enemy.
“At the end of the day, I think what’s really important is that we focus on the quality of the food that we’re getting and that we eat with intention,” Mareya says.
Enjoy the show!”
Now, please do enjoy the our PODCAST INTERVIEW LINK here.
- What does it mean to “eat clean?” 00:04:00
- Is it enough to know what a food is? 00:06:00
- How 90/10 works for Mareya 00:08:00
- Taking away the mystique of food and alcohol 00:11:00
- How do you learn where to draw the line with food? 00:14:00
- “We don’t exercise our tastebuds” 00:15:10
- How to eliminate food cravings 00:18:35
- Focus on the quality of food 00:24:30
- The effect of being an immigrant on food mindset 00:27:45
- What the word nourish means and how to achieve it 00:34:20
- What is a super grain? 00:38:00
- Preparation matters too 00:42:00
- Find the vegetables that work for you 00:48:30
- Writing down how you feel after you eat is so important 00:50:05
- Why should people pay attention to washing their produce? 00:54:45
- Don’t buy bagged veggies 01:04:00
And for all of you, go check out Dave’s new book “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever“ and also “Game Changers“, “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and consider leaving a review!