The kids are back in school and you don’t want them to get bored with their lunches after the first couple of days, do you???
Check me out on Fox 5 San Diego as I share how to make some delicious and nutritious lunches with your kids, as you transition back to school!
What’s the number one thing you can do to get your kids to eat better? More produce! These K.I.S.S. Worthy recipes easily go from the dinner table to the lunchbox and help get fruit and veggies into every bite. Make sure to wash all your produce with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Veggie Wash.
Rasta Pasta with Tomato Cauliflower ‘cheese’ Sauce
- 4 Zucchini
- 4 Yellow Squash
- 2 C cauliflower florets
- 1 medium tomato, quartered
- 1 C nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Using a handheld or tabletop spiralizer, make ‘noodle’ sized cuts into zucchini and yellow squash until all are spiralized. Set aside
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil and cook cauliflower until very tender. Retain 1/2 cup of cooked water.
- Transfer cauliflower and water to a blender. Add tomato, garlic and spices; blend until smooth and hot if you have a Vitamix. Otherwise use a stick blender to purée ingredients in a saucepan.
- Toss with spiralized squash and serve hot.
- 1 package Melissa’s Produce 6-bean blend
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon plus 1/2 tsp zest
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- In a food processor, add beans, oil, balsamic, tahini, lemon juice and water. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Add spices and pulse until well incorporated. Serve with cut up veggies and Way Better Sweet Chili sprouted chips.
- 1 Cup Almond flour
- 1/2 Cup chocolate protein powder (pick a low sugar brand)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 beets, cooked until tender
- 1/2 Cup xylitol or monk fruit extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup raw cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon GF baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons dark chocolate chips (70% or more cacao)
- Nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Lightly spray an 8×8″ pan with oil
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to blender and pulse until smooth. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Mix chocolate chips into batter. Pour mixture into pan and bake about 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with a layer of Coconutter Chocolate spread and fresh mango if desired. Cut into squares and wrap with wax paper for easy grab and go!
ENJOY & REMEMBER TO EAT CLEANER, EVERYDAY!
For more great tips and recipes from Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie, visit www.eatcleaner.com or text EATCLEANER to 22828 to Join The Cleaner Plate Club!
Be sure to FOLLOW us on social media & SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!