Kale ya’ Dig It?! Eat More Green, Save More Green
Celebrate Earth Day every day by learning how to be green in the kitchen. You might just save some green $ in the process!
• Did you know? That landfills are the second largest human-related source of dangerous methane gas in the United States. Yuck!
• Did you know? That food waste accounts for 25% of methane produced from landfills, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Now, think about that on a global scale.
• Did you know? That eating locally allows farmers sell direct to consumers and takes out the priority of packing, shipping, and shelf-life issues. Eating locally also means eating seasonally, which allows you and your family to enjoy the freshest crops.
• Did you know? That in wealthy countries like America, food waste often includes a greater share of carbon intensive foods. These could be foods with far higher agricultural emissions like red meat and dairy products, or those with high post-production emissions like ready meals and processed foods.
• Did you know? That the food on our dinner table often travels more than 1,500 miles to get there. Buying locally eliminates fuel, travel, and packaging, reducing our carbon foot-print.
• Did you know? The average person generates 4.3 pounds of waste per day. This is 1.6 pounds more than most produced back in 1960. Where does it all go?
Here at Eat Cleaner we believe that by reducing food waste we can dramatically reduce our carbon footprint on the earth!
Eat Cleaner was invented by me, a natural foods industry veteran and mother of two, and my Dad, an environmental scientist. Eat Cleaner is the only tasteless, odorless, all-natural and lab-tested line of food wash and wipes that is significantly more effective than water in cleaning surface contaminants*, pesticide residues, waxes and organic particles from commercially and organically grown produce.
And that’s one reason why we clean with an eco-solution like Eat Cleaner, that can do just the job of safely cleaning your produce and saving it’s freshness by 200%, therefore keeping it out of landfills!! Lab proven over 99% more effective than water in removing pesticides and bacteria that water can’t. Organic or not, all produce needs to be washed. Yep, you heard that right!
There really isn’t a price you can put on cleaner, safer food for your family. We want to make it that much more affordable and accessible to you. Everyone should be washing their produce properly, and our range of eco cleaning solutions is a great value and will pay for itself within the first week!
Eat Cleaner wash products can help save a family on average over $500 per year, reducing waste and making it easy to get your half plate of fruit and veggies each day. By using Eat Cleaner, you are also helping to keep produce out of landfills – a huge contributor to methane emissions. Eat Cleaner is used by celebrity chefs, everyday heroes and superstar parents everywhere.
Our product is so green, safe and versatile that there’s “50 Fun Ways to also use Eat Cleaner.”