The 8 Hottest Healthy Food & Beverage Trends for 2019
Don’t you want to scratch and sniff the screen right now?? If you could, you’d smell cinnamon, ginger, apple, and the earthiness of the toasted oats! PLUS, it’s vegan, gluten-free, keto friendly, and no sugar added!!
Chef Mareya’s Apple Oatmeal Crumb Pie with Whipped Topping
Apple Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 1 TBSP Earth Balance butter substitute
- 6 cups tart baking apples, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TSP cinnamon powder
- 1 TSP ginger powder
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP corn starch or arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 8 low fat graham crackers
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 TSP ground cinnamon
- 1/8 TSP salt
- 2 TSP cold Earth Balance butter, cut into bits
- Nonfat whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a food processor, process the oats and graham crackers until finely ground. Add egg white and process until blended.
- Coat a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and press the crumb mixture evenly into the pie pan to make the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 T Earth Balance. Add apples, raisins and brown sugar and allow to cook, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and ginger and remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla and corn starch and spoon into crust.
Oatmeal Crumb Topping:
- In a small bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, salt and Earth Balance and use hands to create crumb texture.
- Top pie filling. No top crust is needed.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Crumble should be golden brown.
- Top with non fat whipped cream and dusting of cinnamon.
Please follow and like us: