An Ode to Dad: Sheet Pan Berry French Toast
An Ode to dad
You may have thought I didn’t see,
Or that I hadn’t heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.
Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we’d grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It’s written on my heart.
Without you, Dad, I wouldn’t be
The person I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.
I’ve grown up with your values,
And I’m very glad I did;
So here’s to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.
This weekend, we get to celebrate dads everywhere and with that, many of us are gathering with family and friends in a first time for a while. If you’re still trying to decide what to do and make, we have some great ideas for you, below.
From a fun brunch to Bloody Mary Bar, you can make some items in advance so you have more quality time together. Isn’t what the day is all about?!
From all of us here at Eat Cleaner, and to our favorite dad (mine), enjoy your day in the best health!
SHEET PAN BERRY FRENCH TOAST
- 8 slices gluten-free bread
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons stevia or monkfruit extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed berries, washed with eatCleaner
- Pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs, almond milk, sweetener and vanilla extract together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture. Let excess egg mixture drip from the bread and place bread onto the baking sheet. Repeat with each piece.
- Place baking sheet in the oven center rack and bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes.
- Mist top of bread with non-stick cooking spray and flip bread and bake for an additional 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with washed berries and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
Make French Toast brekkie sandwiches with a piece of plant-based sausage in between! YUM
FATHER'S DAY BRUNCH IDEAS
Looking for fun ideas for dad? Why not brunch? Some clean but tasty ideas for your Father’s Day include:
A Bloody Mary Bar, complete with different ‘foodie’ add-ons like skewers made with nitrate-free meats, fresh mozzarella and basil; cucumber, jicama and celery sticks; stilton-stuffed olives; and smoked sausage
A breakfast pizza or burrito bar with smoked salmon, herbed cream cheese, roasted rosemary and garlic potatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon, salsa, spicy peppers and other veggies, with your favorite quality tortillas, and everyone assembles their own; make sure to wash all your fresh produce with eatCleaner Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash first
An avocado toast bar, with avocados, sprouts, tomatoes, hardboiled eggs, sliced cucumbers and fresh basil, on beautiful toasted sourdough bread
A yogurt bar with fresh fruit, homemade muesli or granola, chia seeds and lemon curd.