5 Immunity-Boosting Ingredients to Celebrate the UN’s “International Year of Fruits and Vegetables,”
As recent UN report announces the “International Year of Fruits of Vegetables, America’s “Fit Foodie” continues decade-long effort to spread a message of whole foods-based wellness
LOS ANGELES, California – (January 12th, 2021): For nearly a decade, clean-eating expert Chef Mareya Ibrahim has persistently shared the simple yet powerful message that food is medicine – and whole fruits and veggies are key to health and wellbeing. Now, a recent United Nations report names 2021 the “International Year of Fruits and Vegetables,” echoing this crucial message and calling for sustainable production methods that empower greater food security worldwide.
America’s “Fit Foodie” Chef Mareya Ibrahim is the award-winning inventor behind the eatCleaner®, eatSafe™, and eatFresh™ collections of plant-based food safety products, as well as the best-selling author of Eat Like You Give A Fork: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive. Following a year marked by an ongoing global pandemic, Chef Ibrahim shares the essential fruits and veggies necessary to help boost immunity and support balanced health, naturally:
- “C” is for citrus. The body does not produce or store Vitamin C on its own. Zesty grapefruit, orange, or lemon infuses a kick of this germ-fighting vitamin to your day. Enjoy as an anytime snack or add a squeeze to water or tea.
- Paint the plate red. Speaking of Vitamin C, one red bell pepper carries three times the amount of a Florida orange… plus a punch of beta carotene, a mighty wellness-supporting antioxidant.
- Go green. A snack or side dish of broccoli delivers a dose of Vitamins A, C, and E, along with fiber and rich antioxidants. Enjoy raw or steamed to preserve this powerhouse veggie’s powerful nutritional content.
- Infection-fighting flavor booster. A teaspoon-full of garlic goes a long way toward flavorful dishes packed with immune-supporting allicin. Bonus: some studies suggest this pungent superfood may also help slow the hardening of arteries and reduce blood pressure.
- Recovery root. Ginger root adds subtle spice to recipes and hot beverages, while also helping to decrease inflammation and soothe the stomach. Try it in Chai tea for extra zing!
No matter which fruits and veggies grace your table, make sure your clean eating is really clean with a spritz of all-natural eatCleaner® Triple Action Fruit + Veggie Wash and Wipes ($12.99 for 12oz). The complete eatCleaner® line of Fruit + Veggie Wash and Wipes is lab-proven to lift over 99% of wax, pesticides, and agricultural material that can carry harmful bacteria while extending produce freshness up to 5x longer.
Shop now at eatcleaner.com, your “whole cleaning” destination for everything from produce and countertops to cutting boards and fridge surfaces (and even oral health!) Each patented, food-grade, and USDA biobased formula uses all-natural, FDA-approved GRAS ingredients, making it an effective and safe home cleaning choice. For further information or to book an interview with product inventors Mareya Ibrahim or Dr. Shawki Ibrahim, please contact Leigh-Anne Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow @eatcleaner on Instagram for “fit food for thought” and discover the “International Year of Fruits and Vegetables” using hashtags: #IYFV2021 #FruitsVegYear
# # #
About Grow Green Industries, Inc./ Eat Cleaner®:
Grow Green Industries, Inc. dba eatCleaner® is leading the way in eco-solutions for food safety and shelf life extension. Co-founded by Dr. Shawki Ibrahim, Ph.D. and Mareya Ibrahim (“The Fit Foodie”), the company is dedicated to providing effective and scientifically-proven products to help you live safely. Visit growgreenindustries.com and eatcleaner.com to learn more.
About Chef Mareya, “The Fit Foodie”:
Mareya Ibrahim is “The Fit Foodie” – a natural products industry expert, chef, holistic nutrition coach, award-winning entrepreneur/ inventor, and author of The Clean Eating Handbook, along with the #1 best-seller Eat Like You Give a Fork: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive (St. Martin’s Griffin). She is the founder of Grow Green Industries, Inc. and the creator of the Eat Cleaner® line of plant-based food wash and wipes. She is also a signature chef and key contributor to the NY Times best-seller The Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthier Life by Rick Warren, Dr. Daniel Amen, and Dr. Mark Hyman. Since 2011, she has inspired and informed Southern California residents through the “Fit Foodie” column in Edible Orange County Magazine. In addition to providing a growing catalog of more than 500 original how-to cooking videos on YouTube, she is a featured chef on The Food Network, eHow.com, LiveStrong.com, and the Emmy-nominated show “Recipe Rehab.”
“15 Foods That Boost the Immune System,” Healthline.com, April 30, 2020. https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/foods-that-boost-the-immune-system#spinach