4th of July American Flag Fruit Skewers
What are your plans this Fourth of July???
Whether you are staying at home by the pool, heading to the park for a bbq, or planning to soak up the sun at the beach, you can get creative with your fruit platter for the festivities! Your friends, family, AND kids will love it! This American Flag Fruit Skewer platter is fit, fresh, and fun for the Fourth of July!
Recipe Makes 1 American Flag Platter
12 wood skewers
1 lb. strawberries – We love Melissa’s Produce for all of our fresh, organic produce, shipped directly to your home! Check it out for yourself!
6 oz. blueberries
- Wash strawberries and blueberries with Eat Cleaner Fruit & Vegetable Wash and pat dry.
- Set blueberries aside for later use.
- Cut the stems off of the strawberries and cut each in half. Set aside.
- Slice bananas about 3/4″ to 1″ in thickness. Set aside.
- Now it’s time to start skewering…starting with the blueberries, skewer about 5-6 blueberries on top and alternate between one banana slice and one strawberry half until you reached the end of the skewer – do this for the first five skewers. Then, skewer only the bananas and strawberries, alternating one slice each for the remaining skewers.
- Place on platter in the shape of your American flag and serve, or keep refrigerated until ready to serve!
Enjoy your fruit flag and have a happy Fourth!
Remember to Eat Cleaner, Everyday.
For more great tips and recipes from Chef Mareya, The Fit Foodie, visit www.eatcleaner.com or text EATCLEANER to 22828 to Join The Cleaner Plate Club!
Be sure to FOLLOW us on social media & SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!