2013: The Delicious Year In Review
Wow oh wow wow wow! Where did the year go? It seems like it literally flashed before my eyes and looking back on our photo album of memories from 2013, it really blew me away to see just how much we did over here at The Cleaner Plate Club.
Aside from cooking, tasting, and drinking up a clean storm, I’d like to share some of my personal highlights of the year with you…this for my own memory, too, as its a little bit of a blur.
1) Our ABC hit cooking show Recipe Rehab gets Emmy-nominated. I won three of my challenges in a row and scored the only perfect 30/30 of the season against MasterChef star Spike Mendelsohn with my apple pie. Not to gloat, but winning makes it tasted that much better. Thanks to those of you who watched and rooted me on!!
2) Honored with the 2013 Women Making a Difference in Health Award from California Senator Lou Correa
3) Created a program for The Network for a Healthy California to educate families on how to eat better and exercise
4) Published my first book, The Clean Eating Handbook: 31 Essential Rules for Health, Wellness and a Fabulously Fit Life. It flashed across the Jumbotron in Times Square.
5) Contributed to two books, one a #1 NY Times Bestseller – The Daniel Plan, by Rick Warren, Dr. Daniel Amen and Dr. Mark Hyman and Recipe Rehab: 80 Delicious Recipes That Slash the Fat, Not the Flavor
6) Met 3 people I really admire – George Foreman, who is now featuring our Eat Cleaner products on his new website – Superstar Chef Thomas Keller, who threw a beach ball to me at the LA Food and Wine Festival, Superstar Chef Michael Mina, who I interviewed for a story in Edible Orange County magazine, and one chef crush, Chef Scott Conant, who I may add, is really, really, really nice.
7) Launched 3 new products, including our commercial line of products that help food manufacturers and cut fruit processors deliver cleaner, longer lasting fresh foods without chemical preservatives. Our eatFresh-FC all natura anti browning solution helps feed over 1 million kids in the Los Angeles School District fresh cut fruit
8) Created almost 100 video segments for eHow.com and Livestrong.com on healthy eating. This garnered us a featured talent award!
9) Did the first ever Fit Foodie 5K in San Diego, the first of several to come, where we’re spreading the word on a balanced Fit lifestyle by combining fitness with clean food.
10) Got to pitch our new products to QVC. You just may be seeing us on there next year!
11) Filmed our first made-for-YouTube cooking and comedy show, Kitchen Magician, airing in January with some fun guest stars like the wildly popular Glozell
12) Launched the Cleaner Plate Club Meal Prep Program, the only nutritionally balanced plan that’s proven to help supercharge your metabolism and help burn fat
All along the way, we just never stop thinking how grateful we are for all of you, and how much our community has grown. We hope you’ve had some amazing memories in 2013 and here’s to a prosperous, healthy 2014 filled with much love and luscious, clean food.
xxMareya, The Fit Foodie