Everyone loves the crunch of a good chip, but not so much on the fat and empty calories. Kale, dubbed the ‘queen of greens’ packs a nutrient dense punch and gets transformed into perfect crispiness, with a lot of flavor.
- 1 bunch fresh curly kale, washed with Eat Cleaner All Natural Fruit + Vegetable Wash and cut into 3” pieces
- Sweet + Spicy Cashew Glaze
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1/2 C water
- 1/4 C unsalted cashews
- 2 tsp red chili pepper
- 1 cup Lil’ Shuga! (Delicious Organic Cane Sugar and Stevia Syrup)
- 1 T hot sauce (such as Tapatio)
- 1 T Lo Salt reduced sodium salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375F (omit if using dehydrator)
2. In a Vitamix or food processor, pulse lemon juice, water and cashews until well mixed. Add remaining glaze ingredients and blend until well incorporated
3. Place kale pieces in mixture and coat with glaze
4. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and lay kale pieces, taking care not to overlap them. Make sure to shake any excess moisture off. Spray top of kale pieces with non stick spray.
5. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until kale pieces are crispy and crackly to the touch. If using a dehydrator, this will take about 8 hours total.
6. Store in a parchment bag at room temperature to keep crispy. ENJOY in good health!